Perspective

“It is conventional to call ‘monster’ any blending of dissonant elements. I call ‘monster’ every original inexhaustible beauty.”

– Alfred Jarry

Jonas Gustavsson’s save percentage is up to .922, good for eighth in the NHL among goalies who have started eight or more games.

Five-on-five, it’s a marvelous .945. Few goalies are better.

Jarry’s all poetic, but I call Monster a number one goalie.

Image courtesy of Reuters, via daylife.

November 23rd, 2010 at 2:12 am

8 Responses to 'Perspective'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Perspective'.

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Navin Vaswani and Toronto Maple Leafs, Chemmy. Chemmy said: RT @eyebleaf: Sports And The City: Perspective http://bit.ly/eaypMi A quote about Jonas Gustavsson. #monster [...]

2. Toronto sports teams that call the ACC home are a combined 6-0(in their last six games obviously). It stands to reason that this streak will continue(based purely on this fans desire for the streak to continue-no stats or ‘logic’ were used in this deduction).

Mattt

23 Nov 10 at 2:42 pm

3. I like the way you think, Mattt.

23 Nov 10 at 3:26 pm

4. Merry Christmas!!! :)

Kursy

25 Dec 10 at 8:00 pm

5. We ended up every voodoo american girl doll, Goodell being spoken, Obtaining benefit for fun route. Real. The folks at this website previously outstanding.

Kohls Coupon

17 Aug 16 at 4:09 am

6. I must express my admiration for your generosity giving support to folks that require help with that issue. Your personal dedication to passing the solution along turned out to be incredibly functional and has continually permitted most people much like me to achieve their aims. Your entire warm and friendly suggestions means much a person like me and even more to my fellow workers. Regards; from all of us.

7. I am glad for commenting to make you understand what a wonderful discovery my friend’s child obtained using your site. She learned a lot of details, most notably what it is like to have an awesome coaching mindset to make folks without problems gain knowledge of chosen specialized things. You truly exceeded my expected results. Thank you for displaying these valuable, safe, informative not to mention unique thoughts on this topic to Kate.

chrome hearts

30 Mar 18 at 9:04 pm

8. I’m also writing to make you know of the excellent discovery my cousin’s daughter found checking yuor web blog. She learned a good number of issues, not to mention what it is like to possess a very effective helping heart to make the mediocre ones easily know just exactly selected tricky things. You actually exceeded her expected results. Thank you for rendering the invaluable, dependable, explanatory and in addition fun guidance on this topic to Mary.

ferragamo belt