NotGraphs

Good news: The fine folks at FanGraphs have, for reasons unknown to me, agreed to let me contribute twice a week to┬átheir new alternative baseball blog. While it’s all baseball, all the time, NotGraphs is light on the nerditry. We leave most of that to the professionals.

You’ll be able to find me Tuesday and Friday mornings over at NotGraphs. And, don’t worry, I’ll be whoring my writing out on Twitter. So if you’re not yet following @FanGraphs and @eyebleaf, be a dear.

To read my inaugural NotGraphs post about the one and only Derek Jeter, in all its Yahoo! Answers-inspired glory, posted Tuesday afternoon, click here.

To read a better column on The Prince of New York, well written and much, much smarter than what I’m able to offer, give Sports Illustrated’s Tom Verducci’s piece a whirl.

Of all the contracts for the New York Yankees to show some fiscal responsibility on, some financial restraint on, they chose Jeter’s. It’s insane. Pay the man. He deserves it.

Once again, the old adage rings true: Fucking Yankees.

Image, arguably one of the greatest of all time, courtesy of This Isn’t Happiness.

December 1st, 2010 at 12:01 am

7 Responses to 'NotGraphs'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'NotGraphs'.

1. The Yankees better end this soon. For one, I’m sick of hearing about it. Secondly, it’s killing me thinking he could possibly play anywhere else. And congrats on the new gig. Well done, sir.

1 Dec 10 at 7:26 am

2. Good on you for your new gig. I’m heading there now…

Mattt

1 Dec 10 at 8:07 am

3. Thanks, gents.

1 Dec 10 at 8:52 pm

4. Congrats, brother! I have a feeling this whole Jeter/Yankees thing is going to end similarly to what happened with A-Rod and the Yankees.

A-Rod with his foot nearly out the door claiming to never come back, and then at the 11th hour signs a contract extension. Have fun with your 40 year old shortshop, New York!

1 Dec 10 at 9:27 pm

5. Congrats! I’ve been excited about NotGraphs since it launched, will be following closely.

Xave

5 Dec 10 at 7:50 pm

6. @ Ian: Thanks mate. You were right about Jeter. He ain’t going nowhere, of course. And, as ridiculous as it sounds, 3 years/$51 million sounds about right. Gotta pay for that legacy. I respect Jeter. I don’t boo him when he comes to Toronto. I’m actually not sure why he gets booed in Toronto. I think what he’s done in New York is something pretty crazy, and I hope he writes a book one day.

@ Xave: Thanks. Appreciate it. I’m pretty excited about NotGraphs, too. It’s wide open, what we’re able to do over there, so I’m looking forward to getting rolling. I’m also looking forward to not writing about Derek Jeter again.

6 Dec 10 at 12:56 am

7. Hey put my quote up on your page
    “Success isnt a result of spantaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire”

Paan Shop